Save the Diglis skip

Home Forums New Forum Save the Diglis skip

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by susan November 10, 2018 at 12:44 pm.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

The monthly Saturday skip at Waverley street has been closed until further notice.
    The official reason is as follows:

Saturday Skips
    Service temporarily suspended.

The Saturday skips collection service has been temporarily suspend with immediate effect, because of concerns about health and safety risks for members of the public and Council employees. The service has been running in the same way and in the same locations for a number of years. The service will be reviewed to make sure it is delivered in the right way and is safe, easy to use and that waste can be separated out for recycling wherever possible.

The Council is looking at how a future service could be delivered and how this fits with the collection services and local household recycling centers available in Worcester. The way the service is provided may change and further details will be provided when agreed.

This is NOT acceptable to the

Local Council Tax Payers

Local residents have been using this amenity for many years and without it many older people who do not have cars will no longer have the use of this valuable service.

Please post on here or contact Cllr. Lynn Denham if you would like to keep the skip open. Mobile number:
    07828 971146. Home number: 01905 354181
    Alternatively email, lynn.denham@worcestercity.net

#1503 Reply

susan

I’ve only just read the protest signs and was wondering what had happened to the skip when I was told by my next door neighbor that on his last trip there he was turned away with no explanation.
    Now I know the reason why he was turned away I would like to add my voice to the campaign to save the diglis skip.
    I use this skip often and without it I wouldn’t be able to clear a lot of rubbish that will not go in the green or black bin.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Save the Diglis skip
Your information: